For new years we were not able to afford going back to Bear Lake so we went to my Uncle Clint's house for the party. We got there around 5 and made some really good steaks in the freezing cold. It was like 7 degrees out there. It was cold. Well we ate dinner and then played some games and talked with everyone. We laughed and enjoyed being together while the kids played. Evylee loved having "friends" to play with. The adults put the kids down for bed around 10 and they all fell asleep except Caleb. We went down stairs and started the dance party. I love watching people enjoy themselves :) and maybe next year I will join in :) We watched the ball drop and drank our sparkling cider and everyone there was able to kiss the person they love, which made me happy :) We then continued to call my dad and wish him a happy birthday. I wish I had been there to give him a hug but I will have to do that next time I see him. We said goodnight and headed home. Half way there Mike had a thought, he had locked the garage door and wondered if I had unlocked it. I hadn't and we hoped that one of the other doors were open. We don't have a key to the house and Mikes parents were out of town. So we get home and every door is locked. I tried to fit through the dog door and unlock it but I couldn't get my other arm in. We tried to wake Evy up and have her go through the dog door and open the front door but it was 1:30 in the morning and she was out. We then tried to use the window scraper to unlock the dead bolt through the dog door but that didn't work. Mike tried to reach it with his hand but could only get to the door handle so he got a tool from the garage and tried to get the dead bolt that way but he couldn't see. We then found a light that we plugged in outside and put through the dog door and I told mike where he needed to go with the wrench. We finally got it open after about 20-25 minutes and were able to get the kids in the house. We thought it was pretty funny so I had to share :)
Miranda, Caleb, Evylee, and Savannah all settling down and watching a movie. Cinderella I belive. Caleb lost the vote, poor guy.
Grandpa and Grandma, Chris and Stephanie.
Me and Melissa. We thought we should have pictures of ourselves too. :)
Uncle Clint and Ethan
Every one dancing before the new year.
New Year Resolutions:
Obviously loose weight. A total of 30.
Move out of in-laws house
Have Mike finish at BYU
Get a job I enjoy if I have to get one
Spend more time with family (extended and not)
No comments:
Post a Comment