On Friday Jan 21, Ethan had a run in with a mirror. I had one of those cheap door mirrors you get from Walmart leaning against my wall. I used it as a full length mirror for myself. Well Friday as I was cleaning the house Ethan went over to the mirror just as he had before and started looking at himself, just like normal. I had the feeling to go get him and put him somewhere else in the house but I told myself that he would be fine. So, as I continued cleaning I heard a loud crash and Ethan start screaming. I ran in to find that he had used the mirror to stand up and had fallen over taking the mirror down with him. The mirror shattered all over his face and boy did it bleed! My first thought was to stick his head under running water to get the glass off but he cant hold his breath and I didn't want to rub it for fear of making the problem worse so I ran up the stairs screaming for my mother in law. She calmed us both down and I called the doctor who told us to go the hospital. So we packed up and left. We got there and they got him all cleaned up and they didn't have to give him stitches :) they just ended up gluing it closed and sent us on our way. After all was said and done he only had 3 really noticible scratches and didn't look near as bad. He was a trooper and I am so proud of him and how brave he was at the hospital. I love him to pieces.
1 year ago
2 comments:
Oh poor Ethan! I would have freaked out too. Head wounds bleed like crazy and that makes it so much scarier. I'm glad he's okay. Way to go mommy! His first real boy moment is over. Now for the rest of his life...YIKES!
Poor baby!
Post a Comment