Tuesday, July 19, 2011

4th of July in Bear Lake!!!

    On Wednesday my mom came down to help my Aunt Debbie sort some of my grandmas old pictures. I went up there to see her on wed and thrus. We had discussed sending Evylee home with he on thursday so my mom could have some more time with her since she doesn't get to see the kids very often. I thought this was a great idea, but of course I missed Evy like crazy. Evylee loved the fact that she got to go to grandmas house all by herself. She was so excited. So on Thursday we said good-bye and they went home. We would follow a few days later.
    Well on Saturday after Mike and I got off work we got the Ethan from gammies house and headed home to Bear Lake! We hadn't been up there in a few months so I was very excited, and I missed Evy so I was even more excited. We got there Saturday night and started our awesome weekend :)  We talked stayed up way to late for how early church was. So needless to say Mike and I were late to church by an hour but luckily we have sacrament last in Bear Lake so it still worked out for us :) We took Evylee to nursery and stayed in there to help my mom out with the other little kids. We got home and had a very nice relaxing rest of Sunday. We chatted, had dinner, watched movies, Mike got my parents to get another computer ;)  (theirs was incredibly old and had been attacked by viruses)  When it got dark we went outside and dad lit the fireworks they bought. It was fun. Evylee loved it, she thought the were sparkles which is true but her reaction was cute.
     Monday morning we woke up and got the kids ready. It was cold outside so we bundled up the kidletts and headed to the lake. We got there and met my brother and parents at the ramp and got everyone in the boat and headed out to boat. It was fun just being out there. first time on the boat this year and I loved every minute of it. Even though it rained and was windy some of the time it was just nice to be together doing my favorite thing in the world. James decided to go to the beach and hang out with some of his friends including the Heeders. Jessica Heeder was a really good friend in high school and so I told him to tell her hi. An hour or so later he and Jess and her sister Morgan and their friends all came on the boat and wanted to tube. Yeah they are crazy cause it was so cold, but hey it was fun to watch them. Evylee thought it was pretty funny when the tube submerged and everyone went under the water. They were pretty cold after that. I was able to talk to Jess for a couple minutes before they went back to the beach. It was good to see her after so long. They left and later we took Ethan and Evylee to the beach to let Evylee build sand castles. (I forgot my camera this day so I don't have any pictures but when i get some from my mom I will put some up). Evylee had a blast in the sand and after that we got back on the boat for a while and then went home. We ate dinner and later that night we drove into town to watch the fire works there. It was pretty fun and Evylee loved it. Every time they would go off she would get so excited. We went home after that and put the kids to bed. Tues morning we got up and headed home so Mike could get to work by 2. I unpacked and washed all the clothes so we would be ready for the next weekend. I had a blast at home and it was so nice to be in the country for a while. I love Bear Lake and I love my family and the two combined equals heaven for me. It is the best place in the world and when we are all together it is even better. This years 4th of July was the best in a long time.







1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! The pictures of them looking out the window are so, so cute!