Thursday, March 24, 2011

apartment stresses

This post is kind of a downer so if you dont want to read it you dont have to. I have been very stressed lately with trying to find an apartment. I love my in-laws to death but with me working we have enough to get our own space. Heavens knows that no matter how much you love your family you just want your own place to call home. So I have been on the hunt for the last 2 months. every place we look at is either dumpy or being signed for at the very moment I was supposed to see it. Well we finally found one that was really nice. The bedrooms are huge and the kitchen is brand new. It just doesnt have a big living space and we dont control our own heat and cooling. The people upstairs control it and another down side was that it was in midvale and we vowed never to move back there. We have decided to not take the place but i keep thinking about the bedrooms. So today i got up and looked for places again and by the 6th apartment I called with no answer from the renter I find myself defeated. I just wish we could get a place that is nice and that we can afford. I have never had to look this hard for a place before and it is wearing me out. I feel like there is just no point to it anymore and that we will be in this basement forever. Again not that I dont love my in-laws, they are great, I just really need a place of our own with just me and MY family. I am to the point where I just want to curl up and cry in desperation and mild depression. I think I will take a week off and begin again. Heres to hoping that things look up.

4 comments:

Sierra said...

I understand your feelings. We lived with my parents for three months, and I was ready to get out even though I love my parents to death. We also had a really hard time finding a place our last semester in Rexburg. It seemed like everything was full. Just keep looking! I understand the frustration, but you will find a place that will be perfect for you and your family soon.

Hubers said...

If you have Faith, and living as you need. God will provide! :) I know it's a lot harder said then done, but just focus on what is going on, and things will fall in to place when the time is right!

Katies Korner said...

This is good prep for finding a house! House searching is even harder! Keep up the prayers and you will find something soon!

The Triplett Family said...

House hunting sucks. The only thing worse in my opinion is jeans hunting. lol. You'll find something, it just might take awhile but imagine how happy you'll be when you find the right place! :) Oh, and if you decide you'd rather buy... I know a sweet town home in Ogden you could look at that's waiting for you. ;)