Thursday, September 20, 2012

Coming home

On Saturday we were discharged from the hospital and we headed home. I was so excited to be home. Mike and I got home and we had a few hours to our selves before my parents brought Evy and Ethan home. We got the car unloaded and things put away and then we relaxed a bit. My parents were able to stay and see us for a while and Mike helped Anj figure out her new computer. I did end up having my first emotional break down when my mom and dad left. Just like I do every time I have a baby. When my parents leave I cry. But this time was a little better since Mike was there and the kids were home. The kids were both sick with colds so it was really sad that Evy and Ethan couldn't touch or hold or get near Aiden. I ended up staying upstairs in our bedroom for a day and a half trying to not get sick and not get Aiden sick. It was the longest most boring day and a half ever. I missed my kids and my husband so much and they were just down the stairs. Mike and I talked through text. It was so sad. He finally got sick of it too and went to the store and got sick masks and medicine and Halls Defense and zinc drops and Orange juice. Everything he could think of to get the kids better and to keep us healthy. With the masks we were able to have the kids come in and see the baby and not have me freak out. The kids are still sick but not as bad and we have been able to be together as a family. I have only had 4 other emotional break downs. The biggest one was last night when I realized that Mike had to go back to work and this morning when he left. I am doing ok now it is just hard with all of these emotions and hormones going through me. It has been a nice week though. I finally have my baby here and my family is complete for the time being.

Amy was able to stop by on Tuesday on her way to Provo for a few minutes to see us. Ethan was so excited to see Amy again. 

Holding Aiden for the first time since the hospital.

kisses :)

Evy was so happy that she "FINALLY" got to hold Aiden. 

This is Evy when we had to wear the masks around the baby and me. She was so good to make sure her nose was covered and if she had to cough she would run into the other room. Such a good big sister.

Just chilling in mommies arms

Cute little face

He is so small. And don't you just love the color of that blanket. Gammie made it for him and I am so in love with it :)

1 comment:

Hubers said...

Congrats to you! What a fun family! Seeing your babe makes me even that much more excited for mine! Hopefully your hormones will start balancing out quickly. I hate the break downs, but it's worth it for every child we have! Congrats again!