Thursday, October 24, 2013

First day of Kindergarten

On August 27th 2013 Evylee started her first day of kindergarten. She was so excited that she woke up at like 7:30 and we didnt have to be up till an hour later. Her daddy stayed home late that morning to get up and make her pancakes and eggs and help take her to her first day. We got there and she found some of her friends and we all sat there till the teachers came out and told the kids what to do in order to line up. It was pretty cool though, they had muffins and fruit and milk and a cute little poem and some crayons that they  handed out to everyone as we waited. I was pretty much a wreck the night before thinking that my baby was going to school and would be in school for the next 12 years. I just cant believe that she is old enough to be out on her own away from mommy for hours on end. I know that sounds weird since I was used to leaving her to go to work since she was born but this was just different. We set out her clothes the night before and had everything ready to go. In the morning we had the great breakfast that mike made and then I took pictures of my cute little kindergartner. The little poem that was handed out pretty much summed up my feelings.

First Day of Kindergarten

Everyone has a first day
When the feel sad and all alone
It can be scary
When you are on your own
And I know that a first day
Can be full of doubts and fears
But they are full of new beginnings
Take my hankie, dry your tears

You'll find lots of things to do
And you'll probably make new friends
I promise we'll be together
When the school day ends

Here comes the teacher
Blow you nose and be brave
Come on now and wipe your eyes
This is no way to behave

Well, Good Morning, Teacher
We really do beg your pardon
No, Mommy doesn't always act this way
But it's my first day of Kindergarten!

This was totally me. I would be totally fine and then I would burst into tears. That happened like 3 times while we were sitting there waiting for the kids to go into class and once more on the way home after we left her at school. 

She enjoyed it though. I think she was a little overwhelmed the first day cause when I picked her up she burst into tears. She said that she liked school and that she had fun but "I dont know why I am crying, Mom" was all she could say. The next day and every day since then she has come out as happy as could be and is loving every moment of school and learning. 

So excited!

Outside our house! on the first day of school! :)

Evy with her cute little friend Kylee right after school

Evy on the second day of school. She new what to expect and was much more excited :)

No comments: