Wednesday, August 3, 2011

VACATION

Our much needed vacation was finally here. I was so excited to get away for a while and forget about life and then it was made better cause we got to be on a boat!  We woke up at 430 in the morning and got showered and headed out on the 3 hour drive to Flaming Gorge. It was just us, my parents, brother and sisters and my grandparents. It was really nice. We got there at about 9 and ate breakfast and then made lunch for the boat. We got dressed in our swimsuits and headed out on the lake. The sad thing though is that we got there one day to late. The day before was nice and hot and sunny but for us by the time it was noon we were running from the storms that were coming over the mountains. It was still fun though. Evylee even got in the water once to swim. It was to chilly out for me but she loved it. We had to pull off early the first day cause we thought that it was going to storm really bad but it ended up just going around us. We enjoyed sitting around together just chatting and watching the kids play. There was Antelope that would come right next to camp and Evy thought that was the coolest thing. James kept telling her if she chased them she could ride one. The rest of the week was pretty much the same. Go out on the boat enjoy the time on the water, swim and relax. I enjoyed every minute of it. It was even cool enough at night to enjoy sleeping in a tent and only one night the wind was bad enough to push the tent on me but luckily it didnt even wake the kids up. Ethan enjoyed swimming in the lake for the first time too. He even learned the word "kick, kick." It was such a nice vacation and I enjoyed being with my family. I loved watching everyone enjoy themselves and get along. I loved listening to James and Mike joke back and forth and watching Mike help out every chance he got. The trip was amazing and I am so glad we took the time to enjoy ourselves this summer. It was a great vacation! (There are a ton of pics and this was honestly only a few.)



































4 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Dez Bear I love so many of those pictures! I love the ones of Evylee and Ethan playing in the dirt, the one of Ethan and James, the one of you and Ethan in the water, the ones with Mike and the kids, and you're right Aryssa has a very pretty smile. I'm glad you got to have a nice vacation with your family.

Kathryn said...

What fun you must have had! Love the pics of the kids in the water!

Elise said...

These pictures are so great! This looks like such fun. Ethan makes me laugh. He looks so adorable lounging in the chair and in his life jacket. I just want to kiss those cheeks.