Monday, August 29, 2011

5 Year Anniversary!

Well 2 kids, 5 homes and 4 jobs later we come to our 5 year anniversary. These last 5 years have gone by so incredibly fast. I am so blessed to be with Mike and have my family together in our own home. I cant help thinking back to our wedding day and the joy that we had in starting our lives together forever and just being so in love. I look back and see how quickly we did everything and how it all fell into place and am just so blessed that Mike is my husband. He is a wonderful man and is an amazing father. 



This year was his year to plan our anniversary. He did great. He set up the reservations and found a sitter and I didn't have to worry about anything. We left on the 9th in the morning. We dropped the kids off at gammies house and then dropped my car off to get fixed again, and then headed out in his car. We drove to Park City and decided to do some shopping. It was so much fun, we went to the Tanger Outlets and walked around for hours, buying a few things here and there. It was just so nice to be out with just the two of us and enjoying each other. It was nice to see that we can still have fun and we still get a long even without the kids. Sometimes you forget how to be just you with kids but it was so nice. After a couple hours of walking around and shopping (which again Mike is amazing cause honestly how many husbands will just go shopping with their wives and not complain) we decided we were starving and headed over to the place Mike had planned for lunch. It was called Maxwells. They had the best philly cheese steak sandwiches I have ever had and something called a cookizza which was amazing. A cookie the size of a personal pizza and ice cream. Well needless to say we were very full after that. After lunch we went and checked in at the hotel, the Hyatt and we watched a couple shows and I think we took a nap too, we were very tired after all that walking and eating :) After we were rested a bit we went to Captain America, which was awesome by the way! We went to walmart after that and got dinner (microwave Marie Calendars chicken pot pies) and some snacks for the hotel. We also got a movie, The Source Code, which was pretty good too. We had such a great day and I enjoyed every minute of it. The next morning we woke up and got ready for the day and checked out at 11. We headed down for breakfast to a place called No Worries Cafe. Really good food. I recommend it to everyone. Mike says they have the best biscuits and gravy ever and their french toast was amazing. After the awesome breakfast we headed up the mountain to where we were going to do our days activities. It was the Alpine slide and coaster and a zip line. We did the one for just one ride of each. We rode the ski lift up the mountain which was fun and very bright since the sun was right in our faces. We walked over to where the slides were and we went down. They have you on a sled type thing that has wheels and a brake, which they tell you to use a lot, and they send you down the mountain. It was so fast and so fun I would have done it all day if we could have, it was such a blast. Then we walked up to where the zip line was and did that. Not as thrilling as I would have thought but still fun. Last we did the coaster. we both got in the sled and they pulled us up the track. This ride they tell you to go as fast as possible because there is no way you can come off the track so that is just what we did. We went peddle to the mettle all the way down, it was super fast and kinda scary but so much fun. After that we had a few hours till our reservations for dinner so we decided to go to another movie. We went to Planet of the Apes, which I thought was going to be dumb but actually turned out to be a pretty good movie. We then went to dinner at The Mustang. It is a hire end restaurant and the food was awesome. We both got steak and enjoyed the atmosphere. They had daisies on all their tables and burning candles too. Daisies are my favorite flower too so I loved it. Mike let them know that it was our anniversary and they were so awesome about it. Our server was amazing and he brought out a chocolate souffle with house made whipped cream and berries and a vanilla sauce. That dessert was by far the most incredible thing I have ever tasted. I would go back there just for the dessert, which was free for us, our server also gave us a 50% discount on our bill. We were expecting it to be 80 and it was only 40! Lets just say that we gave him a pretty big tip. I had such a nice time over those 2 days. We went and got the kids and then headed home. I got mike a laptop for school/anniversary as a gift and Mike got me a Kindle so I would always have a book to read. I love it and I love him. 
I am so happy to be married to the most wonderful man alive. I love you sweetheart!  



2 comments:

Elise said...

You look beautiful Dezzy-bear.
Your anniversary getaway sounds amazing! I love that he takes you shopping. Brady knows that this is always a special treat for me as well. :)
Happy 5 years!

Amy said...

Congratulations Dez & Mike!!! That sounds like an amazing time and it sounds like Mike did a GREAT job at planning everything out, Great Job Mike!