Thursday, March 28, 2013

A few days of five kids

Well on Tuesday the 19th of March my brother and sister in-law dropped off two of there kids (Lily and Paisley) at my house for a few days. They were going to Washington DC for Katies brothers wedding and had their sitter bail so I took two kids and Audrey took the other two. To be honest I was pretty stressed about it. I had no idea how I was going to handle 5 kids especially since I had no idea what Lily and Paisleys schedule was or how they would react to the way I parent. I was pretty nervous but happy to help, so the day started and thankfully Katie had typed up a schedule and a few things to know about each of the girls and that helped a ton. The day was great, the kids played together almost the entire time and Evy was so excited to have her cousins in her house that she kept them preoccupied for a long time upstairs in her room. I had snacks, some of which I had and some of which Katie and Dave brought, and I had their lunches and dinner ready when they were hungry and Paisley was so great to tell me when she had to go potty and Lily was so willing to help along with Evy and Ethan helping me keep things straightened up and in order at the end of the night. When it was close to bed time I let them watch a show while I set up their beds, Lily in Evys room and Paisley in Ethans room. Bedtime was a little more tricky... but eventually everyone fell asleep and I had made it out with out even getting to stressed at all. I was so excited that it went as smooth as it did and was surprised at how much easier it was then I thought it was going to be. The next 2 days were pretty much the same. The kids played and had fun and were helpful and Evylee just loved that her cousins were there and sleeping over. They played outside some of the time because it was such a nice few days. On Thursday night I drove Lily and Paisley to my mother in laws house to drop them off there. Lily and I played "I spy" all the way there which turned into "what am I thinking of" on Lily's part. It was pretty funny. Paisley played for about 5 minutes and then got so tired she fell asleep. It was a lot of fun having them over for those few days and I am so glad I got to spend that time with my nieces. I got to know them so much more and now love them even more then before. They are both so smart and sweet and funny and I am so grateful for the chance I had to spend that time with them.
All five watching My Little Pony.

2 comments:

The Triplett Family said...

So then the question is... is 5 kids in your future? ;)

Unknown said...

I have always said that I wanted 4 or 5 so i guess 5 wouldnt be to hard to handle :)