I just have to share our halloween costumes for this year. They were just so fun and so cute. Well to start off we have Evylee. The way we decided to do this costume was that we were in ross and mike found some little girl DC skater shoes and fell in love with them so we bought them and then he came up with the idea to make Evylee a rocker for halloween, so we bought a cute black shirt and that was it. I went back and forth so many times. I had wanted to do something else, more girly if you will. Mike really liked the idea of the rocker though but he just figured she would ware pants and her shirt and shoes and I was very disappointed cause that is what she looks like every day of the week. So in my mind it was just us spray painting her hair and that was it. Well that didn't work for me, so the day of our halloween party i found a pair of pant that i hated on Evylee and cut them up :) I made them into shorts and used part of them to make a bracelet along with some safety pins. I tried a new hair style on her and it turned out really cute then died it in stripes. After a bit of makeup was applied she was the cutest rock star ever!
Ethan was a different case all together. I could not for the life of me decide what I wanted to make him for halloween. I thought monkey or pea pod but they were all to normal and way to expensive. Well one day I noticed my mother-in-law knitting a hat with ears on it that she was making for Randy's studio and I thought hey why not. I asked her if I could use the hat for Ethan and make him a bear. We had the hat and the face paint but nothing to put on him to keep him warm. I had found the perfect jacket and pant combo at a walmart but they were in a newborn size, so I went to every walmart I could think of one would have the right size pant but not the jacket or the other would have it to big. I think I went to about five different walmarts and a target before I found the right size. So finally by the time Halloween came both my kids had costumes.
We went to David and Katie's house to let the girls go trick-or-treating together. They had a blast until it got to cold to even walk. The guys had to leave them at a friends house and come get the car so they could bring the poor things back home. It was pretty funny but they really enjoyed going out and getting candy. We ended up staying at their house till like 1:30. Evylee loved playing with her cousins and having a partial sleep over. It was a great halloween :)
4 comments:
I can't believe how much Evylee looks like you in that second picture.. Both your kids are adorable!!
Cutest Kids ever!
So glad you are blogging again! And Halloween was a blast...should definitely be a tradition every year!
What fun costumes. Isn't it so annoying to have to search and search for something that seems like it would be easy to find? I did the same thing with the kids' costumes this year (overalls, shirts, and baseball caps...pretty basic stuff). Well the work payed off b/c Ethan and Evy both look so cute. Evylee looks so grown up and beautiful!
Post a Comment