Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Long Time No Blog

Hey everyone! I know shocker, I am actually on my blog again. It has been almost a two years since I blogged. I am going to try to be better. Honest :)
Well a little update: Mike and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary in August. I cant believe we have been married for four years now. Crazy how time goes by so fast. We celebrated by going to lagoon and spending all day together. We had such a nice time to ourselves it was great. Sorry no pics, i guess we were having to much fun i forgot to take pictures.
Mike is in his second to last semester of college before he goes to PT school. We are so excited for him to be done at BYU and to move on to the final stage of school. He is doing very well. He works full time and goes to school full time and is getting amazing grades. I couldn't be more proud of him. He is the best.
I am now an official stay at home mom. We live in the basement at mikes parents house till he is done with school and since we don't have very many expenses I am able to stay home with the kids. (My life dream) I admit it is very stressful at times but i love it.

Evylee has definitely hit the terrible twos. She throws tantrums for no reason and I have to say it wares on me pretty bad, but for all the times I feel I am going insane there are double the times that are just so precious. She makes me laugh and is such a great big sister. She loves playing with her "friends" and loves babies. Her friends are mostly her cousins Lily and Kylie along with her real friend Colt. She always gets so excited to hear that Chelsey and Colt are coming over or that we are going to see Lily and Kylie. You tell her something like that and she repeats it constantly till she gets to see them. It is so cute. She loves talking on the phone with daddy and grandma. She is so funny, she will try to tell them stories but gets so excited they can barely understand her. We have finally gotten her potty trained and the only time she has any accidents is when she sleeps :) She is such a big girl, she goes all by herself and then as soon as she is done she comes running out "Mommy I went potty, I need candy!" I laugh every time. I am very excited she is no longer in diapers and that my diaper bag is all of a sudden very light :) Evylee will be turning three in Feb. It is insane how fast time goes by. I recently finished her baby video and going back and seeing her as a baby made my heart break. They grow up way way to fast.

Ethan is our new addition. He was born on May 21 this year and has been a blessing to our family. He had a rough start to life. He had something called Pyloric Stenosis. Its where a muscle by your stomach keeps growing after birth and ends up cutting off the passage way from your stomach to your intestine. So when he was about 2 weeks old he started throwing up every couple of bottles and by 3 weeks we couldn't keep anything down. I was terrified that my baby was starving to death so I called my doctor and he told us to get him to the hospital. We ended up at Primary Childrens where he was diagnosed and then sent in for surgery. Talk about stressful on a new mom. I just kept telling myself that it was a common thing and that they had done the procedure tons of times. My parents drove down to be with me and mike while we waited and needless to say he survived. After we were settled my parents returned home to Bear Lake. Oh how I love them, they are the greatest parents ever. Who else would do that. We stayed 2 days in the hospital and then were sent home with a son that could now eat and keep it down. What a relief to us. Ethan is now almost six months old and such a ball of laughter. He smiles all the time. You look at him and he smiles at you. He can roll from his back to his stomach but for some reason cant figure out how to roll back onto his back. He is now an unsupported sitter. He can stay up for a long time with out any help. He tries to crawl but just ends up swimming in the air. He can't figure out that he has to put his feet on the ground. Oh and did I mention he is a none stop drooler. He can seriously soak his shirt and anyone holding him in less then ten minutes. It is crazy how cute he is.
I thought having a boy was going to be so hard and I wouldn't know what to do, but it is wonderful. I love that I have a daughter and a son. Its exactly what I wanted. My brother is one of my best friends and that is what I wanted for Evylee and now she can have that.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Yay! A blog post and pictures! I can't wait to see more!

Emily Fairbank said...

I am so glad you started your blog up again. Grandma has been pestering me about getting mine up and now I finally did. I check every one's blog at the end of each week and now I can check yours too! I love you and can't wait to see more pictures!

Elise said...

LOVE the update! It has been much too long! I think about you and your cuties all the time. I'm so glad everything worked out well with Ethan's surgery. I love that he and Mercer were born on the same day. Evylee is growing and growing. What a cutie pie. I'm glad she's doing so well with the potty; that's awesome! And I'm so happy that you can be with the kids all the time like you want. That's wonderful. Keep the posts comin!