Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lunch with Grandma and Grandpa

Yesterday I got a call from my mom and she surprised us by telling us that her and my dad were in town and that they wanted to get together with us. I was so excited to hear they were here, it had been like 2 months or more since I have seen my parents. So I got the kids ready while Mike finished homework and we headed out to go to lunch with them and my brother to my favorite restaurant ever, The Magic Wok. Evylee was so excited to go see grandma and grandpa. I told her that we were heading over to see them and she got all excited and said "Yay, I go get my christmas presents with my grandma!" We have been telling her that the next time we go to grandma's we get christmas presents and she thought that it was right then. Pretty funny, but she was just as happy to see them anyways. We got to the restaurant and she refused to sit anywhere but by grandma AND grandpa, so she sat between them which says how much they love her. It wasn't very often anyone got to sit between my parents growing up so i thought that it was really sweet that they insisted. It was fun to see Evylee enjoy the time with them. When we had to say goodbye she had a hard time. she kept saying "I need my grandma" but when we told her that we get to see her again next week and then again the week after she was happy again. I love that my little girl loves her grandparents, makes me realize I have the best family ever. I love them all. It was great spending the hour with them and getting to talk a bit.

No comments: