1 year ago
Friday, December 3, 2010
The Spirit of Christmas
This week has been very long and very stressful. Evylee has reverted in her potty training and Ethan has had a pretty bad cold, then on Wednesday we lost our keys. I was worried that we were going to have to replace them and that would be very pricy because our key alone is 90 dollars and since we didn't have another to make a cut off of we would have to pay for someone to figure it out and cut it. I hadn't been able to get Mike his christmas present so I was waiting for pay day but since that happened i thought he wasn't going to be able to get a christmas, which broke my heart. I called the lost and found on Thursday and they said that the keys were not there, so I tore apart my part of the house and my in-laws part of the house at least 3 times. I finally gave in and all we could do was pray that we would find them. Now our keys are very important to us. We only have one working car and Evylee's car seat was in the car, which was locked so we were stuck at home and we had a hard time getting Mike to and from work and school. So this morning I called the lost and found at both BYU locations and an answer to our prayers our keys were there, at the same place I had called prior. So that made my day good, then my friend came over with her little baby and we were able to talk a bit and then decided to go to Walmart because I had to get WIC. In the check out line there was a man and his daughter behind us with only a few items to buy. I felt bad, as I normally do when getting WIC because it takes forever to do one ticket, and I had 4 tickets on there plus some stuff I was purchasing with my card. The man started talking to his daughter and telling her to look and the pretty little girl, meaning Evylee, and to say hi. I had Evy say hi and say thank you for calling her pretty then I continued with my purchase. The cashier rang me up and I had my card out ready to pay when the man said "here let me get the last one for you." Well me being stupid was thinking he meant get the back off the rack and put it in my cart so I said sure in a questioning tone. I then noticed that he started pulling out his debit card, I was confused then realized what he had meant. My voice got all cracky and my eyes started getting watery, cause i am such a dork and get emotional really easy. I said "are you sure, you really don't have to" he insisted and so I let him do it. He said that he knew what it was like having young kids and that money is usually tight and that he wanted to help. So he paid for my things and I thanked him over and over and almost crying wished him a merry christmas and went on my way with a sobbing smile on my face. My whole bad week was suddenly and awesome week all because of this strangers actions. You always hear about these things but they never happen to you, but today it did and I am so grateful, I will never forget the kindness shown to me today. Merry Christmas everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very sweet! What a kind and generous man! You had more than one answer to prayers this week!
Post a Comment