On saturday we were able to go to Festival of Trees. We invited our friend Brandon to go with us and Evylee was very excited that he was going. She would only hold his hand while we walked through the many isles of trees, she wanted nothing to do with mommy or daddy. When we arrived the first thing Evylee said was "Can I get something on my cheek?" So of course we hunted down the place we could get her face painted. Turns out they cheated and didn't paint the faces but put little christmas tattoos on them, kinda silly but it made Evy happy. She then decided that she wanted to see Santa, luckily for us she is young enough to be happy with just seeing him and not sitting on his lap so we didn't have to pay and wait in that huge line. She was so excited that she got to see Santa and wouldn't stop talking about it, very cute too. We then moved on to the trees, at first she wasn't sure what to do but then she saw a pooh bear tree and got so excited, she stopped dead and her mouth dropped and she started shaking in excitement, it was so funny. We saw a ton of fun christmas trees from 50's trees to Coke Cola trees to the cookie monster, Evylee loved every one of them. Ethan rode in the stroller the whole time and loved it till he got hungry. By the end of the night, however, the side of the stroller was soaked due to Ethan sucking on it most of the night, he is so weird but I love him. As we were walking down one of the isles I heard a very familiar voice and then noticed it was my cousin Nicole, on a date, I said her name a little louder then I thought I was going to and scared the poor girl, but i gave her a hug anyway and then noticed that my brother, James, and my other cousin Sterling, were there on dates as well. We all stopped in the middle of the isle and talked for a while. Evylee was so excited that James was there. She ran over and asked up and gave him hugs and started telling him all about what was going on. it was so cute. I was very happy that I was able to see them all. I don't get to see my family very much and miss them like crazy so it is always exciting to me to run into them. After we were done at the festival Brandon and ourselves went out to dinner at Fridays. Very good food and fun conversations. We really enjoyed having Brandon with us and it made for a great ending to our weekend.
On the way to Festival of Trees
The funny snowman christmas tree
James and Evylee (James wouldn't give a real smile)
Ethan enjoying riding in the stroller
Evylee's reindeer
Posing in front of the cookie monster tree
Waiting for daddy to park the car
Waiting for daddy to park the car
No comments:
Post a Comment