1 year ago
Monday, October 24, 2011
Major Head Ache
On Sunday after dinner Mike and I were cleaning up and doing dishes while the kids were playing. We had just finished and Mike went into the other room and I had turned my back to go find a movie to watch with the kids. Evylee and Ethan were playing in the kitchen. Evy was sitting on the chair and ethan was playing with her from behind it. I was half way to the dvds and there was a crash. I ran over to see if they were hurt and the chair was on top of ethan and evy was on the chair. It had tipped completely over on Ethan, as soon as I lifted the chair off him his head began to swell where the bars hit. I started freaking out and screaming for Mike. Ethans head kept swelling and he kept crying. My thoughts were: is he seriously hurt, did he break his skull, does he have a concussion... so we ran out to the car with both kids still screaming and drove to the ER. We got there, filled out the paperwork, and then the kids started calming down. Ethan was acting like himself but just looked like a klingon. The nurse that came out to consult said that if it were his kid he would go home and wait it out that way we didnt have to spend any money. I was scared to let Ethan sleep though and kept him awake through his nap for the next 5 hours or so, which is about the time I stopped shaking. He is doing much better and the swelling has gone down a ton but he is going to have some nasty bruises. The pictures dont show how far out it piked but you can kind of tell where he got hit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks like it hurt! Glad he is doing okay!!!!
Oh wow. I would have been freaking out too- you're totally justified! That looks like it hurt something awful poor guy!
Ouch!! So sorry. Wish I was there to give him (and YOU) a Gammie Hug! Love you!
Soo sad Dez! That must have been awful. I'm glad everything ended up being okay!
OUCH!
Post a Comment