1 year ago
Monday, October 17, 2011
Weekend with the families!
I regrettably forgot my camera so I dont have any pics but it was such a good weekend that I have to blog about it. It started on Thursday when my cousin, Mandy, got home off her mission. Everyone on my side of the family is home now and it is awesome! It has been like 4 years since that has happened. So on Sunday she gave her talk in church and it was amazing, she talked about the people there and how much she had grown. I am so happy to have her home, I love my family. We then went to my aunt Debbie's house to have breakfast with everyone that came to see Mandy. When they all left she got out the bull whips from Hungry and showed us how to use them. They are very loud when you use them right. It breaks the sound barrier and makes a really loud BOOM sound. It was pretty cool. We all hung out and then had birthday cake for my sister, Aryssa, who is turning 18 on Tuesday. I still cant believe that my baby sister is 18. It is so weird. She opened gifts and then we all ate lunch. My parents and siblings were there until four so we stayed with them till they left. It was great to chat with my mom and dad and see my brother and sisters. After they left Mike and I decided to go to his parents house for their family dinner since our dinner turned into lunch. I was very happy that we were able to see both sides in one day :) It was a good night. We got there and surprised mikes mom and dad and then my brother and sister in law showed up with their girls and Evylee was so excited to play with them. We got some really exciting news from Dave and Katie and I got to color with their oldest Lily. She is so cute, she colored me a picture and gave it to me and then wanted me to read her a story, I ended up reading all the books she had brought down. Like 6 of them but it was so fun. We had a great dinner provided by Audrey and Matt and just chatted and enjoyed each others company then we had spudnuts, or homemade donuts, which are the best I have ever had. We sang happy birthday to kathryn and papa since their birthdays are next week. I got to talk to Emily and Joe who live in Virginia now and it was so fun to see them. I really miss them but am excited to see them in Janurary. We ended up leaving at 9 and got home and put the kids to bed. We listened to one of the conference talks and went to bed. It was a great night. I love my family and am so blessed to be a part of such amazing peoples lives. I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We love you!!! :)
Sounds like such a good weekend Dez. I'm glad you got to spend so much time with your families!
Such a fun surprise to have you there! Love you!
That is awesome that you get to have such lovely days with your families! I am looking forward to more days like this one in the future.
That is so fun that your sister and my brother are going to MORP together this weekend. I hope they have a great time.
Post a Comment