So this week has been crazy! I started out the week by tackling some of my items on my "to-do list" and may I just say the upstairs looks amazing! It is clean and the walls are washed and the bedrooms are done and I am just so excited it is done. :) Well on Tuesday Mike came down with a cold. By the time he got home from work he was the saddest thing I have ever seen. He went straight upstairs and passed out for about an hour. His cold had attacked his bad ear and it was radiating pain all through his head. He couldn't eat or talk with out it killing him. We ended up going to bed early and decided if it was this bad in the morning we would take him to see a doctor. Well in the morning he couldn't even get out of bed. I called at 8 and set up an appointment for 9 in the morning. We got the kids up and headed to Sandy for the appointment. An hour later he was out and had a prescription for 2 different pain killers and had been given a shot of pain killers to last till we could get the pills. Well the pharmacy at the Walmart was closed since their computers were down so we decided to go home so we could get the kids dressed and I could get showered and ready for the day since I had an appointment too that day. We went home and got ready and headed back to Sandy. We were going to spend the rest of the day up there since Mike had another appointment with and ENT doctor at the hospital where I was going to be. So we got there and I went in for my 37 week check up.
It started out like a normal check up, the weight the blood pressure and the doppler for the heart beat. That is when things started to feel different. The nurse was having a hard time finding the heart beat. It sounded really liquidy and you could barely make out the heart beat. It was really muffled. Which was not normal. Usually it is loud and very apparent. But we got it and he was fine. Then the doctor came and asked if I had any issues. I let him know that right below my ribs was really tender and felt like my skin was ripping every time it was touched or the baby moved. He got a weird look on his face when he felt how hard the spot was that I showed him. So then he decided to check me and see what was going on for sure. I hadn't progressed hardly at all since last week which I was anticipating since I hadn't had very many contractions. But then he said that he thought the baby had moved from the head down position back to head up. So he got the ultrasound machine and sure enough the hard spot was Aidens' head. My doctor got real concerned then. He said that usually this late into the pregnancy once the baby turns like he did last week they should stay turned. So sadly he couldn't schedule my induction because the little booger decided to make thing difficult and not cooperate and instead my doctor set up an appointment to try to turn the baby manually on Friday. I have to be admitted to the hospital and put on IVs and they try to turn him. If things go well we can schedule the induction that day. If they go bad and there is to much stress on the baby then I may end up with an emergency C-Section. Which I desperately want to avoid. I am scared and nervous and I hear it is really painful which I am not looking forward to either. I held it together really well in the doctor office but as soon as I saw Mike I broke down and just cried.
After my break down we walked over to Mikes appointment and he was seen by an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. He was given some antibiotic drops for his ear and we were sent on our way. We decided to go to his parents house and wait for his dad to get home so we could get a blessing. We hung out there till about 6:30 and was given very sweet and loving blessings and then we headed home. It was a long night of stress and pain. Poor Mike couldn't sleep because he hurt so bad and ended up passing out on the couch at 5 in the morning. I felt so helpless, I have never seen him in that much pain and I would give anything to take that from him.
I am hoping that next week I have better things to report and that everything is set for delivery and we all get on track again with life. Till then pray for us that things will start to look up and everything will go well.
1 year ago
1 comment:
Oh wow. Prayers and love your way!! I hope Mike's pain goes away and your sweet boy turns on his own! That procedure does not sound fun at all.
Post a Comment