Sunday, August 26, 2012

Trip to Logan!

So this post doesn't have any pictures because we just had to much fun I forgot to take pictures. But I am writing about it because it was a wonderful memory.
On August 21st I had planned on heading to Logan to see Amy before the baby comes. We got up early with Mike and when he headed to work I headed to Logan. The kids were great and happy the whole trip. We got there around 11AM and were excited to go swimming at the Logan Aquatic Center. Amy fed me some yummy and filling cereal since I was starving and then we got ready to head to the pool. We drove around for a while looking for it but finally were able to find it and get in the park. It was awesome! I had never really seen anything like it.
They had a large kiddie pool that went from 6 feet to about 3 feet and then they had the big pool for the adults. We went and sat down in the water and Evylee, being her, made a friend instantly and played with her the whole time we were there. Ethan was funny. At first he wouldn't get in the water. He just wanted to sit on the edge and put his feet in. Then slowly he came and sat by Amy and me in the water. Then he started jumping into the water and hoping back out and doing it again. But by the end he was going neck deep! I was nervous about that just in case he slipped so we had to bring him back to us but I was so proud of him. He used to be pretty frightened of deep water. He always clung onto us when we swam in any pool but this time when we got in the big pool he was jumping to Amy and loving when she would spin him around and hold him away from her. We had so much fun and I loved getting into the deep water. It felt great on my poor body and recommend it to any pregnant person who wants a little relief. The kids had a blast there playing and swimming while Amy and I got to sit and chat. It was very relaxing too :) Ethan was infatuated with Amy from the second we got there. Every time we got in or out of the car or walked anywhere he wanted her to be the one to put him in or carry him or get him out or even sit by him. It was so cute. Evylee was just so funny and cute the whole day and made me feel like proud mommy every time she helped her brother or held my hand since Ethan wouldn't.
After the pool we got the kids some lunch at burger king and then went to get dressed so Amy and I could eat. We went to a place called Apple Spice Cafe and it was so good. We got Ethan and Evy some apple juice too since Ethan was so adorably asking for apple juice ever since we left the pool and they downed them. Fast! It was pretty funny. We took Amy back home so she could get ready for work and we headed for home. Luckily Amy was able to get off work early so we were able to hang out a bit more and she took us to a great little gelato place. I think it was called Zeppes but I could be wrong. They were so good though. It has custard ice cream stuff that is amazing and then the gelato, I got passion fruit, and then it is topped with the custard again. I am making it a point to stop there the next time we go through town. It was so amazingly good and the kids loved the custard :) We got to talk some more and hang out a bit, but then it got late and I had to get the kids home and to bed. We got home around 11ish that night. It was such a fun and awesome day. I am so glad I was able to go up there and spend some time with her before I have this baby.
It was a great day and I can't wait to do it again with three kiddos ;)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am so glad you and the kiddos came up! It was so, so fun. I'm glad we got to go to the Aquatic Center and see the kids play. I can't wait to come visit you when you have Aiden! So excited!