Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bear Lake for the weekend

On the 26th we decided to go to BL to go boating on Saturday. This was to be our first and last boating trip of the year. Since we bought a house we couldn't afford to go on vacation so I was excited to get out on the lake. We got there on Friday night just as my grandparents were heading to bed. We let the kids unwind for a bit and put them to bed and then we watched Apple Dumpling Gang. Love that show. Brings back so many childhood memories. So on Saturday morning we woke up and it was over cast :( I was so sad. It was supposed to be sunny and 90 degrees that day and yet it was cloudy and was supposed to rain later in the day. They talked about not going and just hangin out at the house. Which was fine but since I have been overly emotional lately I got a little teary eyed at the thought of not being able go boating at all this summer. My mom saw and was like "we are going boating- everyone get dressed" So we got the kids in their swim suits so we could hopefully swim then got dry clothes and jackets for them just in case it got cold. We got to the lake and Grandma and Grandpa decided not to get on the lake. So we got out on the water and decided to have lunch. It warmed up enough to let the kids kick their feet but it was to chilly for them to swim. We enjoyed the time out on the swim deck then it started to sprinkle so my dad wanted to put up the tarp and plastic. We call it the "tent". We pretty much cover the entire boat in tarp and plastic so no water gets in and you can wait out a storm. So he gets it all set up and then it starts pouring. It wasn't to windy but it must have been really windy on the utah side cause after about an hour of sitting there came the waves. If you have ever been to BL you know that if it is stormy on the utah side and the wind is heading to the idaho side then the waves get massive since there are not canyons or rocks or anything to break them down. They have the whole lake to get huge and by the time they reach us they are white capping. So we decided to head in. I was just excited to be able to get out on the boat even if it rained and  I couldnt swim. we got home and then my mom and I headed to town to go to kings since they had some plastic that I had wanted for my table and nowhere I went knew what I was talking about. We went and got that and then went to the grocery store and got some things for that night. It was nice to go with my mom. We don't get very much one on one time any more and it was nice to just talk to her and enjoy the time with her with out any distractions. We got home and we all just jung out and enjoyed our time together, Sterling showed up for a day to just hang out and visit as well. We ended up leaving on Sunday right after dinner since it takes a bit longer to get home now. I loved being at BL and seeing my family and I loved being home in the country and the clean fresh air and the fields as far as the eye can see. I love it there. It is seriously the most amazing place on earth! It was really nice to relax and enjoy everyones company.

I had flash backs of Ethan in this life jacket and hat. It was crazy how much they look like each other sometimes.


Enjoying the lake. I love boating.

2 of my handsome boys


They were cold so Evy cuddled to keep warm

Kicking their feet

You cant really tell but Evys hair was completely static-y from the tarp

Aunt Tricia holding Ethan

The tent almost complete. Just need the plastic on the back.

Aiden loved the boat

James used the noodles to hold up  the tarp so it didnt rub on their heads the whole time.

Keeping warm before the tent went up

Wrestling match. Evy and Ethan attacked James and they loved it. They had so much fun playing with him.

Tricia and Ster relaxing after a long day

And Evy wins! She even elbowed him. Poor guy. He looks beat doesn't he ;)

No comments: