Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Yearly summer work party

So on Saturday the 13th after we all got everything moved in we rested a little bit and then headed over to thanksgiving point for the annual 1-800-Contacts summer party. I look forward to this every year. It is so much fun and the kids love it. We got there and ate dinner. This year they had really good burgers we then set up our chairs on the grass and I took the 2 older kids around to do all the fun things like get the treats and the fun games and we put their names in drawings for prizes, sadly none of us won...again..but it is still super f un, I took Evy and Ethan over to let them ride the ponys and go to the little petting zoo. We were going around to all the fun little tents seeing what they had to offer and then Evy said she had to go potty. So I took her and Ethan over to the restrooms and when we came back out it was pouring! It was raining so hard you couldn't see clearly. Luckily we were under a hard roof so we all just sat there waiting for it to pass. Then I remembered that I had left Mike and Aiden on the chairs out in the open. So I started looking for him hoping he made it to the covered area where the tables were but I couldn't find him there then I saw him over where we had set up our chairs under the prize tent. It was a very small tent and he had Aiden under the tent and he was pretty much standing in the rain. Poor guy. Sadly, I didn't have my phone so I couldn't call him, so when the rain let up a little bit I ran over to the tent where I had seen Mike but when I got there he was no where to be found. I guess he had the same thought and headed over to the main covered area. So then it started raining hard again. The kids were really cold so I hovered over them and took the brunt of the rain coming under the tent. It let up a bit again so I dragged the kids over to the main area and found Mike. Everything was soaked and full of water but Aiden was as happy as could be. It was pretty funny. Poor Mike was soaked. But we were finally all together and we stayed under the roof for the rest of the night. They did the prize drawing. The rain stopped and we listened to the talent show and then after everything was over we headed back to our house. I would have taken pictures but my camera was dead :( Even though it rained I still had a ton of fun and I cant wait till next year!

No comments: