August 10th was our 7 year anniversary. I can't believe how fast it has gone by. We were able to sleep in a little that morning and we all had breakfast together and just relaxed and had a good morning. We got ready to leave for the day and headed out at about 2 to head to Mikes' parents house. We dropped off the kids after talking to his parents for a while. We then headed out for lunch. We went to wienerschnitzel for lunch and ate chilli dogs (which I really like) and had yummy fries (shoestring kind-my favorite). We were just enjoying being together without the kids and we decided to go to a movie and then go miniature golfing so it wouldn't be so hot. We decided to go see Pacific Rim which actually turned out to be a really good movie. I enjoyed it a lot and there wasn't any major swearing in it which was really nice. We got to the theater early so we got a shake and ate that while we waited. We then got a drink and some red vines and headed to the show. It was so relaxing to not be stressed about where the kids were or what they were doing. After the movie we drove over to Boondocks to go miniature golfing. They had a deal where it was actually cheaper by 5 cents to get the miniature golf and 20 tokens. So we did that. We golfed and enjoyed that. Mike kicked my butt, but I did make 2 points out of the 18 there were. We did have lots of ties though I still think Mike ended up getting 10 points. It was nice to be out and having fun. I like miniature golfing I think it is so fun and especially when I am with Mike. After that we went in and played some games and ended up winning 48 tickets. so we got a few pieces of candy 2 erasers and a Love Lizard "LoLi". Our reasoning behind this is that there is something his parents do with a little cupid. They leave the cupid in hidden random spots like the microwave or a suit case when one or the other travels or just any random place around the house and when the other one finds the cupid it reminds them that the other loves them. So Mike and I wanted to do something similar. We will hide the lizard around the house and it will be our little love lizard. We figured since we were on such a budget that this would be something that would remind us of this anniversary. After that we headed over to Red Lobster for the first time and had dinner. We got done around 10:30 and headed back to Mikes parents house. We talked with them for a little bit more and his mom got home, from a concert she played in, right after we did. We chatted for a while then got the kids in the car and headed home. I am so grateful for them for taking our kids so we could spend the day together. It was very needed. The kids had fun too. They got to swim and play and spend time with gammie and potts which they haven't done for a while. It was a nice day for them too. Thanks again you guys for taking them for so long!
And thank you Mike for putting up with me for 7 years. You are amazing. You are a wonderful husband and father. You amaze me every day with all you do to provide for us and I love you for the sacrifices you make to let me stay home with the kids. Thank you for all the times you comforted me and stood with me through all the hard times and thank you for always wanting to talk about things wether good or bad. You are an amazing man. I can't imagine spending eternity with anyone other then you. You are my everything and I couldn't be any happier. I love you... a lot. ;) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment