Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Big 'ole hips get you into trouble.

Well Wednesday started out as a really good day. got the house clean worked out and my cousin Jess called and asked if I wanted my hair done for cheap. So I went and got my hair highlighted and styled. I love it and it was awesome to be with Jess for a while and talk with her. Well I got home at about 9:30 and got both kids put to bed. At about 11 I decided to go wash my face for bed and then watch a show before bed. Well we have a mirror that is supposed to be hooked to the dresser, so it is one of the heavy ones with a thick wood boarder, but it didn't come with the wood to hook it on the dresser so it has been sitting in our hallway since we moved in. We had it leaning up against the wall between the bathroom and Evys room. It only stuck out a little. like maybe a half an inch. Well I was coming out of the bathroom after washing my face and my big hips caught the stupid thing. I thought it was falling but it took to long to go down so I went to turn around and make sure it was still on the wall when BAM! It fell right on my foot. The corner of it caught the soft part of my foot where it meets the leg. It burst a pretty big vessel and started swelling and bruising pretty fast. It hurt so bad, It kept twinging with sharp pains and I couldn't move it. Mike said he thought I torn a tendon in my foot. I could walk on it the first 2 days and then I limped for about a week after that. Slowly it felt better. As long as I had my brace on so I couldn't move it, it was alright unless i used it to much. It has been two weeks now and i am finally out of my brace and the bruise is a yellowish brown color. It only hurts if i bend it weird but I am doing much better and at least i don't have a limp anymore. That was a pretty interesting couple of weeks but I have learned from my mistake and am just glad that the mirror fell on me and not one of the kids. We have already gone down that road and don't nee to repeat it. I have moved the mirror out of the way until we get it put up but at least everyone and their feet are safe :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yikes Dez, I'm glad you're okay!!