Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last visit for the summer

On June 2 one of my very best friends in the whole world called and asked if I wanted company. I was so excited, my Amy was coming to see us. I secretly hoped that she would spend the night at our home so we could spend more time together, and she did. Amy had signed up for a humanitarian type of trip to go to Thailand and help the people there learn about how to stay healthy and bring a better quality of life to the people there. She was so excited to go and I know she is going to do great :) The only sad thing for me is that she is going to be gone all summer with no phone. So I was so happy that she was able to stop by and visit us before she left. The awesome thing was that the next day was her birthday. We stayed up till like 2:30 talking, just like we do every time she comes to visit. I love it though, its like there has been no time in between our visits. We act just the same and talk with each other like its a daily thing we do. I guess that is a sign of true friendship. Mike and I love having her in our home. It is so awesome how good of friends mike and amy are too. I love that she likes my husband :) and that they get along. It makes me so happy.  Well in the morning I had to work but I got up early and made her breakfast for her birthday and then had to leave for work. We said good bye and made plans for her to stop on her way back home in september. Cant wait to see her again. It was a wonderful 2 days :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Dez Bear!!! I just saw this nice post :) I am so glad I got to visit too, it made for such a good birthday to see you, Mike, and the kids! I miss you and wish I could see you right now. I'm glad I'm friends with Mike too, you both are great and I love you guys!!!