Thursday, June 7, 2012

Aryssa's Graduation

My sister Aryssa graduated from high school on the 31st. I drove up that day with the kids to go see her. I got there around 4 and got to see my family for a little bit. We had dinner and birthday cake for Ethan and let him open presents and then give my parents their anniversary card (since their anniversary was that day). Then we went to Paris to the tabernacle for the graduation and got to watch her class of 109 kids graduate. Aryssa was right down in front because she graduated with HONORS! We are so proud of her and her accomplishments! I am so glad I could be there to see her finish one step in life and start a whole new chapter. She is so excited to head off to school and major in music and singing (not sure of the official name). Afterwards we got to go home and hang out for a while before she left again for the party in town. It was so fun to be able to talk and laugh with my sisters. Something as small as going through a purse can make us all laugh and enjoy time together. I just loved it. We got up the next morning to Anj making breakfast and enjoyed that. I got stuff packed up and ready to go and then my mom got home from the last day of work at 11. We got to play and talk and enjoy eachothers company before I left at 2. Me and the kids got home right when Mike got off work so we went out to dinner and spent time with him for a bit before heading home. It was a great couple of days and I am so glad that we were a part of that for Aryssa.
Starting the graduation walk


I tried to get a shot of the whole class. Not the best pic but pretty good

Aryssa got to sing a song for the graduation

Getting her diploma


Our family that were able to make it and 2 of Aryssa's closest friends

No comments: