Thursday, December 6, 2012

A good day

On Wednesday before Thanksgiving my friend Amy was in town and wanted to stop by and say hi. I was excited to see her and also excited to get my work out schedule from my work gym. I got there at 4:30 and my trainer (Katie) is amazing and had me go through all the work outs with her so I would know how to do them on my own at Gold's. Because I had to go through all the work outs I was running late so Amy drove up to Draper to see me before heading to Salt Lake to see her sister. We got a Jamba Juice and talked for a bit. It was so great to see her even though I was all gross from working out and in my work out clothes. When we went to go our separate ways she got a call that her sister was broken down in Evanston and couldn't get down town in time for her surprise. Amy had gotten her sister Trans Siberian Orchestra tickets and was pretty sad her sister couldn't go. She got in her car and I reluctantly headed home. I didn't like leaving her when she was sad but Mike had dinner ready and so I headed home and told her to let me know if I could help.
Later that night, right after dinner Amy called and asked if I wanted to go with her. I said yes :) even though I was somewhat sad that Mike couldn't go too. (He loves concerts like that) So I rushed downtown and was able to get the address of where Amy parked before my phone died. It was a little scary being by myself walking the streets of down town with no phone, just in case. But soon I saw Amy ahead of me and caught up to her and we walked the rest of the way together. It was so fun to get out and hang out with her.
The concert was amazing! We spent most of the time saying "Mike would love this!" I smiled pretty much the whole time. It was so fun to hang out with Amy and just have fun. It was great! I am so glad I got to go with her and I will remember it always. She is such a great friend and I love spending time with her.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Dez Bear I'm so glad you were able to come, it made an awful night turn into a good night. So glad we were able to go together. I love ya Dez!!!