We were so excited for christmas this year. The kids are the perfect ages and just starting to know what is going on and they get so excited about Santa. We spent christmas with the Colliers at Mikes parents house this year. It was a ton of fun. Audrey and Matt were there too and they also brought a friend from China named Liz. She had never done an "american" christmas before so they invited her to spend it with the family. It was so fun. Evy loved her and we all had fun showing her the things we all do. Mike and I got her christmas eve pj's to open when we did ours too. We decorated a ginger bread house and made santa sugar cookies and watched the mickey sing along christmas movie (that was part of my family tradition that I loved and am doing for our kids.) Then we put the kids to bed and waited for them to sleep so Santa could come. We decided to all set our alarms for 6:30 am and meet then after we woke up the kids. Well turns out the kids are old enough to be so excited they actually woke themselves up at 6 am and wanted to go see what santa brought. They loved the toys they got and they had a blast opening gifts. We had fun watching them too. We gave Mikes mom a picture box as well and also a willow tree figurine called "the quilt" It has a woman sitting in a rocking chair with a child sleeping on her with a quilt over them. It reminded us of her because she knits baby blankets for all the kids when they are born. She loved it. I got 2 more pair of shoes which I was so excited about and I got a few necklaces :) Then Mike surprised me this year like crazy. He gave me a "What Not to Wear" experience. He arranged for me to get my hair cut and colored and also found sitters for the kids so he could take me shopping for new clothes that fit me and look good. I was so surprised and excited and I seriously cried. He spoils me so much and he even wrote the letter to me in one of his poems. He used to write me poems a lot when we were dating but I haven't gotten one since our second year of marriage. It was really special :)
Later that night we had Bethlehem Dinner. (This is a dinner his family has been doing for a long time. They have jewish/middle easter food such as pittas, latkes, falafel. Then they get the grandkids and do the nativity) I love this dinner. It is so good and I love having the family together all enjoying food and conversation. It was a ton of fun. The kids did the nativity and then we all just enjoyed the night.
The day after christmas was my shopping day. Mikes parents took the kids so we could just go the two of us. We ate breakfast with the family which was delicious, they made french toast with home made bread and cinnamon burst bread. After that we headed out and decided to go to Kohl's first. Best Idea Ever! They had massive sales for the after christmas sale. It was the most fun shopping trip I have ever had. I went into it expecting to try a bazillion clothes on and only come out with a few. Turns out we got all but 2 or 3 small items there. It was so fun though. We didnt judge anything on the hanger. Our cart was seriously packed to the rim and some more. Mike was great, he would find other things to try on while I was in the dressing room and when I came out he would give his honest opinion of the out fit. We found amazing items that I can mix and match and make several different outfits with. And they all have color, texture, pattern, and shine :) if you know me I have been wearing black and grey for the last year with one pink cardigan I have. So color was a big deal. We found things that fit and flattered my body just the way it is. I am so happy with everything we got. We then went to Apollo Burger for lunch and enjoyed that and then went to JcPenny and found a pencil skirt for me. We then headed home and enjoyed the rest of the day with the kids and family. We packed up and headed home that night. It was a great few days and I am so blessed to have spent it with such amazing people.
.JPG) |
| Gammie got fuzzy sock to keep her toes warm christmas morning. So did Audrey, Liz and I :) |
.JPG) |
| Opening PJ's |
 |
| Decorating the cookies and gingerbread house |
 |
| Concentrating. |
 |
| Almost done :) |
 |
| Aiden and Wikkit played with Gammies pot lids while we were all in the other room. |
 |
| All done and looking amazing! |
 |
| Watching the sing along before bed |
.JPG) |
| Right after the kids woke up. Before we went upstairs. |
 |
| Waiting for Gammie and Potts so we can go see what Santa brought. |
 |
| Ethan's Santa |
 |
| Aiden's Santa |
 |
| Evylee's Santa |
 |
| Waiting to go downstairs :) |
 |
| Mommy having fun watching |
 |
| Gammie made a Teepee for the kids and they Love it! |
 |
| Evy loves purple |
 |
| Aiden was a little confused but Ethan showed him how to use his present. |
 |
| She was so excited about getting a barbie horse |
 |
| Anj made these pillow/blankets for each of us. Ethans was Mickey Aiden had Pooh Bear and Evy had Sleeping Beauty. They love them and think it is so cool that they can turn into blanket. |
 |
| Aiden liked his ball he found in his stocking. |
 |
| Evy dressed as tinker bell (from Gammie) playing with her new barbie |
 |
| The nativity |
 |
| He wasnt so happy he had to play joseph. Guess that is what happens when you are the only boy other then your one year old brother who was there. |
 |
| Pretty angel |
 |
| My reject pile |
 |
| My "going home with" pile. ha ha |
 |
| And the after math. Nice hair, color in my clothes, pretty necklace. I am very happy with how everything turned out and now I look forward to picking out clothes to wear :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment