Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Halloween 2013

Every year Katie and Dave do a FHE Halloween party. I look forward to this every year. Its always so much fun and we love going and the kids love being able to wear their costumes more then once during the month of October. This year was fun. Aiden won the most creative child costume. He was an Ewok from star wars. I made it and was so proud of the way it turned out. He looked just like one! Then Ethan and Mike won the toilet paper wrap contest. It was a lot of fun and the kids love seeing their cousins.




Ethan admiring his Marvel coloring book prize


The kids costumes were really fun this year. Evy was a bride. She actually wore the same dress I wore for halloween when I was 5. I revamped it a bit and put different ribbons on it and different colored bows but it was really special for me and her. Plus she got to use my wedding bouquet that I used for my pictures. It was a fake flower bouquet that my mom made for me so that was really fun for her. Ethan was Clark Kent turning into Superman. We worked hard on that costume too! Even found the perfect glasses. And Aiden was an Ewok from Star Wars which funny enough is what we named our dog after too. Wikkit is an Ewok and since I grew up watching Star Wars with my dad it has a special place in my heart. I know that sounds cheesy but I love the memories I have of me and my dad and brother all snuggling on the couch watch Star Wars several times through my child hood. I loved all of the costumes this year and was so proud of the way they all turned out.

This was our first year in our house for Halloween. We had the tradition of going to Dave and Katies house and letting the kids all trick or treat together while the boys take the kids and Katie and I hand out candy. This year we wanted to be part of the neighbor hood and so I took Mike and the kids over and dropped them off at Dave and Katies and I went back home and sat outside with Aiden and Wikkit (our puppy) and handed out candy. It was such a nice night and I had so much fun seeing all the primary kids and neighbors and I loved that everyone was out! I started sitting outside at 5:30 and by 7 I had handed out 3 huge bags of candy. I had to turn off my light cause I ran out before we ran out of kids. Next year I will be better prepared. I went to Katies house afterward and we all hung out and watched a movie and enjoyed the night while the kids played.

playing in the rocks before we left


My handsome Clark Kent

Passed out on the couch. Tired little Ewok.

"Helping" mommy hand out candy



No comments: