Friday, June 28, 2013

Aryssa's Farewell

On June 7th we headed to bear lake for the first time in forever! I was so excited to go I drove the whole way there instead of Mike. It was wonderful, just to be home in BL and relax and just enjoy the miles of nothing. I sure missed it. I am pretty sure that the BL valley is my favorite place on earth, it is just so beautiful. We stayed the weekend with my parents for Aryssa's farewell. She was leaving on the 19th. A lot of the family came up too. It was so fun to have everyone there and to just hang out and talk with everyone. My cousin Jessica and I even got to talk a lot about a ton of different things. She had been really distant for quite a few years and we talked about that situation and why it happened and we just cleared the air about a ton of things. It was so nice. Hailey (Jessicas baby girl) and Carson (Mandys baby boy) were crawling all over the place and Aiden was pretty funny. He couldnt crawl and he was so confused at what these two little babies were doing. Carson is Aidens exact age and Hailey is 1 week younger and Aiden is like 6 pounds heavier then either of them. So funny. But he watched them and I am pretty sure they taught him how to get around that weekend. I love my family and am so glad that we were all able to be there for Aryssa. On sunday Aryssa gave a wonderful talk about going on her mission and doing what she knows is right. I got a little misty eyed but held it together but then she sang. Her voice is so beautiful and I was so overwhelmed with joy for her and so proud of her and the decision she made and the song was just perfect. I dont know what it is called but it pretty much explained everything she went through to get to the point she was at and that serving her mission is where she needed to be and that she was happy and ready to take that journey in her life. I was so excited for her and she did so well. It was a wonderful weekend and I cant wait till the next time we go. 


Check out that hair! Mike wanted to put it in up after his bath and it ended up curling all funny


Hailey

James and Darryl chatting after they got to the house

The three babies. Hailey, Carson, Aiden

Carson learning how to walk with the barbie car

Mandy, Jess and Me with our little ones

Evy and Anj. Evy loves her Aunt Anj


No comments: