May 25th has always been a special day in our little family because it is Mikes birthday. However, this year it was even bigger since James and Tricia were getting married that afternoon. :)
We started out the day with just us. I woke up and got the kids dressed and did my hair while Mike got his shower. I set up his birthday present on the counter by me while I did my make-up so when Mike was done he would see it. I got him a Kindle Paperwhite and a case for a graduation-birthday present. He was very surprised and excited about it. This was only the second time in our marriage that I have been able to surprise him, not for the lack of trying but he always figures it out. I was so proud of myself and loved seeing his face get confused and then light up when he saw it. After we were all ready for the day we headed out and I took Mike to breakfast at the Black Bear Diner. Really good food. We left feeling very stuffed and very happy. We walked back to the hotel and relaxed a bit. We then got the kids clothes laid out for Anj for when it was time to come over to the temple and then we got dressed, double and triple checked to make sure we had our recommends and then headed over to the temple for James and Tricia's sealing. It was 12:45 when we got there and we waited in the waiting room for everyone to get there. We were shown were to go and we were all seated. We was lucky enough to get to sit in the front row right by where James and Tricia were to be seated. I was so excited for them. After everyone was settled they walked in and I could see the pure joy on both their faces. James was so happy and I could tell a little nervous about what to do or say but he was so overjoyed and happy that it made me get a little emotional. I held it together though. They were married and sealed for eternity and the love they have for each other showed all over their faces. I got misty eyed but was able to keep myself from bawling like a baby, which is what usually happens, that is until they had us all get up and congratulate them. I hugged Tricia and told her we loved her and were so excited to have her in the family and my voice got all stuck then came my baby brother. As soon as I stood in front of him I just started crying, stupid emotions, I hugged him as tight as I could and told him I was so incredibly happy for him and that I loved him so much. My feelings for my brother are very strong. He was my protector and my friend growing up. I look up to him, literally, and admire all he has done in his life and I was just so overjoyed for him that he had found the girl to spend forever with and that made me so happy for him. He deserves a wonderful girl and he definitely found her in Tricia. I love them both so much. After the wedding we did pictures and then went to the hotel to let the kids take a nap. Ethan was so tired he was asleep before we had backed out of our parking spot. At 4 we went over to the luncheon and had some yummy food and watched the video of the two of them growing up. Then after that we went to the reception. They had decorated it so beautifully and everything turned out so nice. The did the cutting of the cake, bouquet toss, garter toss, and dancing. It was a fun night and I enjoyed it so much. I even got to see and talk with my grandma and grandpa Simper. It was so nice having everyone together. It was a great day.
 |
| Coming out of the Temple as newly weds |
 |
| That is the face of pure happiness :) |
 |
| Savannah, Evy, Miranda, Ethan all waiting patiently |
 |
| Mom and Dad with the Bride and Groom :) (Just FYI my dad is not unhappy he just rarely smiles in pictures.) |
 |
| Bridesmaids and Groomsmen. The "boys" as we called them growing up. My cousins Sterling and Chris. |
 |
| Aiden super tired but being a trooper while grandpa holds him |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa Simper |
 |
| Tricia got to dance with my Grandpa Jackson and James just happened to photo bomb this picture |
 |
| The girls got to hold up Tricia dress while she walked |
 |
| Jess and Hailey |
 |
| ALL of my siblings! Love every last one of them! |
 |
And any of you that dont know Mike never makes a normal face if you are trying to take a picture of him
But this one is funny cause Mike is pulling a face and Ethan is not, he is just tired but they both look like "what the heck.. why are you taking a picture". Thought it was funny |
 |
| My cute little family :) |
 |
| Evy was very happy when James said that he would still dance with her even though he was married. :) She loves her uncle |
 |
| My grandma and grandpa Simper gave Ethan his birthday present at the reception. He got a bunch of new clothes which he desperately needed. He loved them all. He got some pretty florescent colors and said that he could look like james in his new shirts. (james wears bright colored shirts every chance he gets) |
 |
| Tricia and James dancing with Evy |
 |
| Cutting the cake |
 |
| Leaving the reception |
 |
| their poor car, ha ha |
No comments:
Post a Comment