Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A move in and a Wedding

Well Wednesday we got the keys and started making trips in the tahoe from Sandy to Pleasant Grove. I didnt work Wed. or Thurs. So I did most of the trips. I packed up boxes. My in-laws helped me haul them out when they were home and watched the kids so I could fit more in the car. I ended up calling my cousin Nicole for help moving the stuff into the house. She was nice enough to come with me and I really enjoyed the time together. I miss all my cousins and it was really nice to talk with her again. She helped me haul more stuff and then I did a few more trips. I had to get the kids at five that night and Marina was nice enough to watch the kids while i moved more. Our bedroom set we bought was ready and I had the tahoe and we just needed on more large truck to get the rest of the items so my cousin Sterling was awesome and made the trip out toward the airport to help me pick up my bedroom stuff. He was so nice to help me out, after we got the items strapped down we raced back to his house cause he had to go to class. So then I had to ask my Aunt Debbie to drive Sterlings truck to PG and help me unload the items. they were pretty big so we took Nicole and Skylar too. I will never be able to repay them for all the help they gave me. I had no idea how to get this all done and they were willing to pitch right in and help. THANK YOU! Well we called it a night after that and ended up finishing the next 2 days. Thursday I did it by myself while my mother in law watched the kids and then on Friday I had to work. I got off early so I could go home and finish. I was waiting for my parents call to let me know they were in town so i could meet them at my new house. I was in sandy finishing loading up my brother-in-laws van and the tahoe when my mom called and said they were just going around the point of the mountain. I freaked out. I felt so bad that i misunderstood. Here I was not even ready to go down and they were already almost there. So we finished as much as we could and drove down there as fast as we could. We met them at a diner close to the house and they followed us the rest of the way. By then it was about nine at night. My parents and sisters and Randy and Dave and eventually my brother and his girlfriend helped us move everything in out of the van the tahoe and off the trailer from bear lake (that was being used as our storage while we lived in sandy) Our neighbors were moving in that same night and they had a small truck load and a couple of Polynesians helping them and when they were done the helped us move in all our big stuff off the trailer. It was a great blessing and so kind of them. I was already loving our new home and that act of kindness made things even better :)   after everything was unloaded and what not my mother in law brought the kids and then everyone left. Our home was full of huge card board boxes. we got the mattresses laid down on the floor and the kids put to sleep. We made up the couch for my sister Anj who was coming with us in the morning to watch the kids while we attended a wedding. We finally got our mattress down and we climed in bed at about 2 that night. We woke up the next morning at 6 and got ready and drove to Manti for my cousin Chris' wedding. He and Stephanie were so happy and I was so glad to be a part of there special day. I love them so much and am so happy for them. We enjoyed the company of everyone at the lunch and James and I even swing danced. It has been about 5 years since I have danced and it was great. I had a great day with the family. we headed for home after everything was cleaned up and we started the long process of cleaning the house.    


1 comment:

Katies Korner said...

Glad our van and my husband could help you get moved.....