Sunday, May 22, 2011

Can't Believe My Baby is ONE!!!

Wow this year has flown by. It seems like just yesterday I was in that hospital holding him for the first time. It has been one crazy year with more hospital and Dr. visits then we have ever had, territory with a boy I guess. From weight issues, to surgery, to mirrors shattering on his face and more fun things to that extent he is already proving to be a handful, but I love him with all my heart.
In a whole year he has mastered everything expect talking. He still doesn't say any words. He will say mama when he wines but that is it and I don't think it is really a word so much as a sound he makes. He does, however, know how to walk and climb stairs, recently he has learned how to go down the stairs. Saving us from having to spend the money on baby gates. He learned to crawl (his monkey crawl) at 6 months and was walking like a pro by 10 months. He has four teeth with 2 more cutting through as we speak. I have given him at least 5 hair cuts, he absolutely hates it when I have to and its a fight every time. He has the funniest laugh and is such a cuddle bug. He loves his sister and enjoys playing with her. He gives the funniest open mouth kisses, its more like he tries to eat your lips. He understand exactly what you are saying and still pushes the limits. He loves toilet paper wether it has been in the toilet or just off the roll, we are working on that one and know that we can keep the bathroom doors shut and not worry about it, it's nice. He eats anything you put in front of him and loves every bite. Ethan sleeps like a rock and usually wont wake up till 9:30 or 10:00 which is really nice for a tired mommy. I am so happy to have my little man in my life. Mike and I love him so much and are so glad God blessed us with him. Our kids are our life. We love them and we are so glad we will be together forever. I love you Ethan. Happy Birthday!!!

The party was Friday even though his real birthday was the 21st. My parents and Anj and James came down form BL and Mikes family came too. It was fun to be able to have the party in my own home. We did gifts and cake and ice cream. Ethan ate every bite of the cake we gave him and made a mess of his face. Complete opposite of Evylee who wouldn't touch her cake without a fork and needed her hands wiped off if they touched any frosting. Ethan dug right in and was cover form head to toe in a matter of a few seconds. He even used a car as a fork for a while. It was pretty funny. After every one left we all got in the car and went to Red Robin and enjoyed some good food and free cake. It was a great day.

















2 comments:

Amy said...

Dez-Bear these pictures are seriously my favorite. They are SO cute! He looks a lot like Evylee in the picture where he looks surprised. He is such a cute little boy, I can't wait to see him, you, Mike, and Evylee soon. The cake is really cute, great idea! I love seeing your pictures and looking at your blog :)

Elise said...

He is so cute. I love all of these pictures of him. I think he and Evylee look a lot alike.

I'm glad he had a happy birthday! It must have been so nice to have family there.

I love how he ate with his car! He's so cute!!!

Love ya!