Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving in Bear Lake!

This year was my parents year for thanksgiving. I was so excited to have 4 and a half days in BL just enjoying family and the country setting. I love it there. I love that there is nothing but fields and mountains in every direction you look. So on Wed I got everything packed and the house cleaned while Mike worked. At about four he got off and we had to run to walmart and get the kids snow-boots and Ethan some snow-bibs. We left at about five and the drive was pretty nice. We got there at about 8:30 and my grandparents were already there, and my cousins were just ten min behind us. We all stayed up till midnight just chatting and enjoying the company. The next day was thanksgiving. We all woke up to an amazing breakfast provided by my wonderful parents and then played games and waited till the rest of the family got there. They all arrived around 2:00 and then we stared making dinner. Other then the turkey that had been cooing since that morning. We finished dinner and everyone sat to enjoy it. It was delicious and we all ate way to much. after dinner we took the kids outside to play in the snow. Evy was so excited that Grandma had snow and that she got to do snow angels. Ethan had to warm up to the idea but soon was playing right along with her. later that day half the family left because they had work the next day and the rest of us played games and watched movies. On black Friday we got up again to a great breakfast and then it was time for shopping. In BL it doesn't matter what time you get out because there are never any lines. Its awesome to get toys on Black Friday and not have to deal with the crowds. Well all of us married/engaged girls went into town to Kings and looked at all the toys. They had some of the exact things Mike and I had talked about for cheaper but I felt bad buying stuff without Mike so I kept them in mind for when we came back together. Later that day Mike and I went back and got a bunch of toys for the kids and had pizza at Studebaker's, which is Mikes favorite :)   We went back home and played games with the family and hung out a bit. Saturday everyone else had to leave so when they were all gone We started setting up for Christmas. I love this part. We get out the village and do the tree and banister and have the Christmas music going in the background. I love getting everything out that i grew up with and setting it all up. Bring back so many memories and I loved watching my babies help decorate. I made sugar cookies and we all decorated those too. :)  It was nice just doing nothing but what we wanted to do. Sunday was pretty much the same. We went to sacrament and then after church evy and grandpa went out to feed some horses that my dad was taking care of and Evy got to ride one. They were gone for a while but she had so much fun. My dad pulled her in a sled and played in the snow with her. It was so cute. At about 6 and after dinner we had to head for home. We said our goodbyes and drove home getting there at about 9:30. I had an amazing holiday and loved being with family.





















1 comment:

Amy said...

Sounds like such a fun holiday! I love the picture of Evylee making snow angels and the one of Evylee and Ethan decorating the tree. I'm glad you had such a good time! Bear Lake is so great.